|Spend the time||indoors|
NASA's Minimum System Requirements: http://www.nasa.gov/centers/marshall/pdf/166643main_MinimumSystemRequirements4.pdf.
* 8" telescope (~1m effective focal length, equatorial mount or derotator, tracking at lunar rate)
* Astronomical video camera with adapter to fit telescope (NTSC or PAL, 1/2" detector)
* Digitizer - for digitizing video and creating a 720x480 .avi (segment .avi to files less than 1GB)
* Time encoder/signal (GPS timestamp or WWV audio)
* PC compatible computer with ~500GB free disk space
* Software for detecting flashes
Lunar Impact Monitoring
NASA needs your help to monitor the rates and sizes of large meteoroids striking the moon's dark side. By monitoring the moon for impacts, NASA can define the meteoroid environment and identify the risks that meteors pose to future lunar exploration. This data will help engineers design lunar spacecraft, habitats, vehicles, and extra-vehicular activity suits to protect human explorers from the stresses of the lunar environment.